Pre-Owned Omega "Marine"
Omega vintage "Marine" manual wind dive watch crafted in 14k yellow gold. In 1932 Omega introduced a waterproof wristwatch based upon Swiss patent CH 146310. The Omega "Marine" was the first dive watch, the first watch specifically tested and qualified for diving. It was first worn whilst diving by Commander Yves Le Prieur, a French Naval Officer and inventor of the aqualung. In 1936 an Omega "Marine" was sunk to a depth of 73 meters in Lake Geneva for 30 minutes. The Swiss Laboratory for Horology in Neuchatel certified the timepiece as being able to withstand a pressure of 13.5 atmospheres in 1937. This timepiece features a manually wound movement (caliber 19.4 T2) with indications for the Hours and Minutes. This fully cased movement slides into another outer case with sapphire glass to further protect and seal the movement from water. Its unique design was necessary as Rolex had the patent for the screw down crown.
The reference number is: OJ 679
All our vintage timepieces come with a two-year warranty from Manfredi.
We are authorized dealers for over 30 of the world's finest brands.
- Authorized Dealer for over 60 Fine Watch & Jewelry Brands
- Guaranteed new and authentic products with manufacturer warranties
- All certified pre-owned watches come with a 2-year warranty
- Complimentary shipping on all orders
- Two Full-time master watchmakers in house
- A Full-time master goldsmith in house
- Custom Jewelry creations conceived and made in house
- Gift Wrap Available Online & In-Store