In the URWERK tradition, none of the indications of the UR-111C watch are conventional. Never has a roller on the case performed the functions of the crown, nor have the running seconds meandered across a cluster of optical fibers. Nor would it be an authentic URWERK watch if its case didn’t look as if it had been designed by a Sci-fi passionate.
The UR-111C’s digital seconds are mounted alternately on two tiny wheels. Each openwork seconds wheel weighs 0.018 grams (0.025g with numerals) — miniature lacework in metal thanks to the LIGA process.
JUMPING CYLINDER MECHANISM
The minute cylinder rotates 300 degrees to bring the helix to the 60th minute, at the same time arming a long, coiled spring. To bring the helix back to the start, the spring releases to snap the cylinder forward.
LINEAR CROWN ON TOP OF THE CASE
Instead of the conventional crown at the end of the stem, URWERK conceived a roller integrated into the top of the case above and parallel to the winding stem. Bevel gears for 90° transmission –
driving the cones and minute cylinder.
Instead of pulling out a crown you swing out a lever from the side of the case.
Read the Urwerk UR-111C Black Article
- Authorized Dealer for over 60 Fine Watch & Jewelry Brands
- Guaranteed new and authentic products with manufacturer warranties
- All certified pre-owned watches come with a 2-year warranty
- Complimentary shipping on all orders
- Two Full-time master watchmakers in house
- A Full-time master goldsmith in house
- Custom Jewelry creations conceived and made in house
- Gift Wrap Available Online & In-Store