A classic Grand Seiko design with a dial that captures a treasured moment in the Japanese seasonal calendar.
This is a modern re-interpretation of the celebrated 62GS from 1967. The 62GS was not only Grand Seiko’s first watch with an automatic movement, but it was also, along with the 44GS released the same year, the watch that first expressed the design grammar, the Grand Seiko Style, that still shapes all Grand Seiko designs today. Like its predecessor, this modern re-interpretation has the characteristic sharp edges and perfect distortion-free surfaces that only Zaratsu polishing can create and a wide dial opening which was achieved thanks to a bezel-free construction.
The dial is inspired by the clear night skies that Japan enjoys at Shūbun, the sixteenth of the twenty-four sekki or seasons which falls around the time of the autumn equinox. The gold toned Grand Seiko lettering and seconds hand stand out in sharp relief against the deep blue dial, echoing the way that moon and stars illuminate the sky at night.
The watch is powered by the hi-beat automatic caliber 9S85 and is hand assembled by the skilled craftsmen and women of the Grand Seiko Studio Shizukuishi.
||See-through & Screw case back
||Box shaped sapphire crystal
||Anti-reflective coating on inner surface
||Diameter 40.0mm Lug-to-lug 47.0mm Thickness 12.9mm
||Three-fold clasp with push button release
|The perimeter of Band:
||Automatic with manual winding
||Approx. 55 hours
|Mean daily rate:
||+5 to -3 seconds per day
- Mean daily rate is a mean value of daily rates in a condition where the movement before assembly in a case is measured in six positions in a fixed manner under artificially controlled environment for 12 days.
|Normal usage accuracy:
||+8 to -1 seconds per day
|Other details / Features:
- Screw-down crown
- 37 jewels
• Authorized Dealer for over 60 Fine Watch & Jewelry Brands
• Guaranteed new and authentic products with manufacturer warranties
• All certified pre-owned watches come with a 2-year warranty
• Complimentary shipping on all orders
• Two Full-time master watchmakers in house
• A Full-time master goldsmith in house
• Custom Jewelry creations conceived and made in house
• Gift Wrap Available Online & In-Store